Joan T. Casale (Joan C. Watkins)
- The Diet Food Finder. R. R. Bowker, 1975. Annotated guide to more than 200 diet cookbooks recommended by registered dietitians. More than 15,000 recipes indexed by ten major therapeutic and special diet categories. Named an “Outstanding Reference Book of the Year” by the American Library Association. Available at Amazon
- The Turkish Diner’s Dictionary. Mount Soledad Press, 1970. Turkish foods and dishes described in more than 1,000 Turkish-to-English entries and 300 English-to-Turkish entries. Self-published.
- Menu Translator: Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia. Mount Soledad Press, 1971. Guide to foods and dishes found in three Andean countries. Contains 500 Spanish-English entries. Self-published.
- The World Travel Planner: How to Save Time, Money and Energy When Traveling Abroad. Nash 1970; paperback and foreign rights sold; paperback by Award Books, 1971. Practical advice for the independent traveler, called “a worthy companion to Fielding’s Guide.” (Co-authored with Robert M. Watkins).
- Created Equal, 1982. One-act drama describes women’s struggle to win the vote.
- A Woman’s Work is Never Done, 1984. One-act drama relates women’s role in the rise of labor unions and reform of U.S. labor law.
Donna Woolfolk Cross
- Pope Joan: A Novel. 1996. Penguin Random House 2009. Available from Penguin Random House and Amazon. International best seller translated into many languages.
- “Brings the savage ninth century vividly to life in all its alien richness. An enthralling, scholarly historical novel.”—Rebecca Fraser, author of The Brontës
- Mediaspeak: How Television Makes Up Your Mind 1984. Available from Amazon.
- Word abuse: How the words we use use us. 1979. Available from Amazon.
- Daddy’s Little Girl: The Unspoken Bargain Between Fathers and Their Daughters 1983 Co-authored with William Woolfolk. Available from Amazon.
- Speaking of Words. 1978. Available from Amazon
Fifteen Masonic Presidents
Biographies of fifteen Presidents of the United States (1789-1977) who were also Freemasons.
- Chasing Frank and Jesse James: The Bungled Northfield Bank Robbery and the Long Manhunt. 2018 McFarland & Co., Inc., Box 611, Jefferson, NC 28640. Phone Orders: 800-253-2187 Online Orders: www.mfarlandpub.com. Amazon.
- Brigadier General Robert L. McCook and Colonel Daniel McCook, Jr.: A Union Army Dual Biography. 2017. McFarland & Co., Inc. Phone Orders: 800-253-2187. Online Orders: www.mfarlandpub.com. Amazon.
- Major General Alexander M. McCook, USA, A Civil War Biography. 2013. McFarland & Co., Inc. Phone Orders: 800-253-2187; Online Orders: www.mfarlandpub.com. Amazon.
- Outlaw Dakota, The Murderous Times and Criminal Trials of Frontier Judge Peter C. Shannon. 2016.Center for Western Studies, Augustana University, 2121 So. Summit Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57197. Phone Orders: (605) 274-4007. E-mail: [email protected] On-line at www.augie.edu/shop
- The Missing Corpse, Grave Robbing a Gilded Age Tycoon. 2005. Praeger Publishing, 88 Post Road, Westport, CT 06881. Online orders: www.abc-clio.com Phone orders: 800-368-6868 (press 3). Amazon.
- Cavaliers of the Dakota Frontier. 2009. Heritage Books, Inc., 100 Railroad Avenue #104, Westminster, MD 21157. 2009. Online Orders: www.HeritageBooks.com. Amazon.
- Echoes of November, The Life and Times of Senator R. F. Pettigrew of South Dakota. 1997. Pine Hill Press, Freeman. 1997 ISBN 1-57579-072-6 paperback 1-57579-073-4 hardcover. Purchase from author.
- Tales of Dakota Territory Vol. II. Mariah Press, Sioux Falls, SD. 1999. ISBN 1-893250-05-9 Purchase from author.
- Tales of Dakota Territory Vol. I. 1994. ISBN 0-9624593-3-X. Only available online (EBay or www.bookfinder.com)
- Where the Sioux River Bends. Minnehaha County Historical Society, 200 W. 6th St., Sioux Falls, SD. 1985. Email Orders: [email protected]
Dr. Halpern received his PhD in Physics from Columbia University in 1965. He went on to a career as a Professor of Physics at Brooklyn College and the Graduate School of the City University of New York (CUNY), teaching physics courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels and carrying out research in atomic physics. He also did administrative stints as Interim President of the Research Foundation of CUNY and as the University Dean for Research. He retired in 2001 and moved to wonderful San Diego with his wife of many years, Mariarosa, in 2010.
- 3000 Solved Problems in Physics. Schaum’s Series, McGraw Hill. ISBN 13: 978-0071763462. Multiple editions translated into several languages. Available from McGraw Hill and Amazon.
- Beginning Physics I, Schaum’s Series, McGraw Hill. ISBN 13: 978 007 0256538. Available from McGraw Hill and Amazon.
- Beginning Physics II, Schaum’s Series, McGraw Hill. (Co-authored with Erich Erlbach). Available from McGraw Hill and Amazon.
Kenneth Krauss, Ph.D.
- Male Beauty: Postwar Masculinity in Theatre, Film, and Physique Magazines. Albany: State University of New York (SUNY) Press, 2014. Available at SUNY Press :: Home
- The Drama of Fallen France: Reading la comédie sans tickets: the role of drama written and/or staged in Nazi-occupied Paris. Albany: State University of New York (SUNY) Press, 2004. Available at SUNY Press :: Home
- Private Readings/Public Texts. Madison, NJ: Fairleigh Dickinson UP, 1993.
- Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis. Introduction and notes to Lewis’s 1922 novel. NY: Barnes & Noble Books, September 2005.
- The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays by Oscar Wilde. Introduction and notes to Wilde’s major dramatic works. NY: Barnes & Noble Books, 2003.
- There’s a War Going On. Drama in Two Acts. Dallas: Dialogus, 1996.
- Maxwell Anderson and the New York Stage (co editor). Monroe, NY: Lib¬. Res. Assoc., 1991.
Paul L. Nunez, Ph.D.
- The New Science of Consciousness: Exploring the Complexity of Brain, Mind, and Self. Prometheus Books, 2016. ISBN:1633882195. Available from author, publisher and Amazon.
- Black’s Beach Parallax: A vibrant tale of government secrets and layered realities. Spade Publications. 2014. (Under the pen name Scott Spade) ISBN-10: 0692224319; ISBN-13: 978-0692224311. Amazon.
- Brain, Mind, and the Structure of Reality, Oxford University Press, 2010. ISBN-10: 0199914648; ISBN-13: 978-019991. Amazon.
- Electric Fields of the Brain: The Neurophysics of EEG, 2nd edition, Oxford University Press, 2006. (Co-authored with Ramesh Srinivasan) ISBN-10: 019505038X; ISBN-13: 978-0195050387. Amazon.
- Neocortical Dynamics and Human EEG Rhythms, Oxford University Press, 1995. ISBN-10: 0195057287; ISBN-13: 978-0195057287. Amazon.
- Electric Fields of the Brain: The Neurophysics of EEG, 1st edition, Oxford University Press, 1981. ISBN-10: 0195027965; ISBN-13: 978-0195027969. Amazon.
Jean R. Renshaw, Ph.D.
- Korean Women Managers and Corporate Culture: Challenging tradition; Choosing empowerment; Creating change. 2011. Routledge. Amazon.
- Kimono in the Boardroom: The Invisible Evolution of Japanese Women,Managers. 1999. Oxford University Press. Amazon.
- The Army of the Roman Republic, Pen & Sword Military, (Barnsley, UK, 2018) Available from Amazon, Pen & Sword and elsewhere.
- Roman Conquests: Gaul, Pen & Sword Military, (Barnsley, UK, 2011) Available from Amazon, Pen & Sword and elsewhere.
- The Republican Roman Army: A Sourcebook. Routledge (London and New York, 2008) ISBN 10-415-17879-7. Available from Amazon and elsewhere.
- Warfare in Ancient Greece: A Sourcebook, Routledge (London and New York, 1996), ISBN 0-415-14354-3, Available from Amazon, Routledge and various booksellers.
- Cyprian, Patristic Monograph Series No. 1. The Philadelphia Patristic Foundation, Ltd., (Cambridge, MA, 1975), ISBN:L 0-915646-00-5. Out of print but copies are available from Amazon.
Thomas T. Samaras
- The Truth About Your Height, Tecolote Publications, San Diego, 1994 ( New edition in 2018, Amazon and Kindle). Amazon.
- The first book to look at human height and its ramifications based on science rather than social bias.
- Human Body Size and the Laws of Scaling: Ecological, Performance,Growth, Longevity and Ecological Ramifications (Editor) Nova Science Publications, NY, 2006. Amazon.
- An academic book on the scientific ramifications of increasing human height and body weight. A reviewer in the journal, Public Health and Nutrition, called the book: “a herculean task accomplished.”
Tom has researched the ramifications of increasing body size on our health, longevity, physical performance, economic factors and consumption of food or resources. He also published over 45 papers on this subject in medical, nutrition and scientific journals. His work has appeared in the Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences and the International Encyclopedia of Public Health (Elsevier).
Jerry N. Selness
- Primitive Benchmark: A Short Treatise on a General Theory of Sailing with the Limits for Sailboat Speed.
1999. LCCN 99-95091. ISBN 0-9671566-0-2
- Published by Windward Enterprises – WEGT Publishing San Diego California. 1999.
12 Chapters, Germaine Bibliography, Five Appendices, Glossary of Terms, Annotated Bibliography and an index.
- Available from Amazon, other online sources or the author. In libraries in many different countries.
Linda Tway, Ph.D.
- Tidepools: Southern California (Second Edition). 2011. Wilderness Press. 192 pp. Completely updated and revised. Recommended by National Geographic author Greg Critser, among many others. Out of print; available on Amazon.
- Multimedia in Action! 1995. Academic Press Professional. 262 pp. This book featured the development of 16 award-winning multimedia titles, including Microsoft’s “Encarta.” Dr. Tway also wrote the software program for the included CD-ROM that launched the installation of demo versions of these titles.
- Welcome to Multimedia. 1992. Henry Holt / MIS:Press. 322 pp. This was translated into two foreign languages and was the first multimedia book to include a CD.
- Tidepools: Southern California. 1991. Capra Press. 175 pp. This field guide to Southern California’s intertidal habitats was written for the layperson and was later translated into Braille. Available from author.
- “This book is an invaluable resource on how to enjoy the intertidal environment without jeopardizing the fragile marine life inhabiting this unique ocean realm. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning about our coastal habitat – non-scientist and scientist alike.” –Joan Embery, former Ambassador for the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park.
- “. . . a field guide unlike any other. . . . Excellent descriptions and dynamic photographs of plants, animals and tidepools make this book a must-read for anyone looking to go tidepooling in southern California.” –Education Department, Birch Aquarium at Scripps.
- Prospects for Human Survival, second edition, Lifeboat Foundation, 2017. Amazon.
- Remember Stuxnet? This cyberweapon did little harm until it infected centrifuges in Iran that were enriching uranium to be used in nuclear weapons. There it caused them to spin out of control and destroy themselves. This event proved that malicious computer code can usurp control over hardware and do physical damage. Technology is advancing so rapidly that we cannot adapt to change with the safety of former times. Fewer and fewer people can do more and more damage than ever before. A mathematical overview of trends yields numerical probabilities for the survival of civilization and also the survivability of our species.